Debra Pakistan / Nutrition
Proper nutrition is crucial for people with EB. Why?
- Promotes adequate growth and development
- Provides nutrients for proper healing of skin lesions
- Strengthens the immune system to fight infection
- Provides energy
- Aids with certain side effects of EB such as constipation
- Improves overall quality of life
Colleen Vicente, RD, LDN, CNSC the Registered Dietitian at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, presented on this topic at the 2018 debra Care Conference. Click below to view the entire set of slides from this presentation.